one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

December 30, 2011

A new year of resolutions


(source : kimsthoughts.com)




It sometimes freaks me out when I think about how Sydney will be celebrating the New Year 11 hours before I will be. The fact that they will already be in 2012 and here in London we will only be in 2011! It makes me feel as if we are in some sort of twilight zone and the possibilities that different people are in different time zones is amazing. 
Then I just come to the realisation that the reason this happens is because the earth revolves around the sun and we all can't be in the one spot at the same time! Do you realise this is how my brain thinks?!


New Years Resolution 1 - Start thinking smarter!  


So, as the New Year approaches its inevitable that we start to think about what resolutions we would like to have for the coming year. Normally they are always about weight, life, exercise and yes mine will probably also be those but I want my bigger focus to be others and leave those as smaller points.


Let's start the list - 


New Year Resolution 1 -  Follow my travel plan and discover the world, Utilise every weekend possible (money pending!) Take photos, eat local cuisine, travel light (so hard to do!) pick up new customs and take home a piece of the place visited.


New Year Resolution 2 - Soak up all aspects in my new job - develop myself, build relationships and skills and ultimately grow within the business.


New Year Resolution 3 - Start focusing on my own personal business dreams following alongside my career. Always make time to keep writing & posting, drawing & developing, buying & creating. A passion should become a career.


New Year Resolution 4 - Ring home more often! I have become very slack with this. I blame it on the time zone difference (see it really controls my life!). 


New Year Resolution 5 - Share my day and discuss what happened in more detail with my partner. Sometimes little things like this are taken for granted and I will make sure that doesn't happen this year!


I probably could continue but really I think its nice to focus on a few. Other things should just be part of your everyday life. 
Now that I have written my 5 resolutions on this blog, you are all witnesses and have the right to question me to see if I am keeping up with them!
I hope that I can share with you soon bits and pieces and tick off my list in record time!


So...


HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!
Spend the night with people you love and celebrate the year ahead together! 
xx Karina



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...