one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

December 7, 2011

What a day!

I have been here for 9 months and the gypsies have hit! And I don't mean 'My big fat gypsy wedding' gypsies.(although I have come across those gypsies before in the tube and my goodness what a commotion they caused), my visit today was by the stealing kind.
You know, you kind of expect them to be in Rome or Paris but now my friends they are overtaking St Paul's.
I had a late start this morning so I went to the gym and then headed in for lunch before work. I was sitting and enjoying my £11 lunch (yes I know £11 lunch!) when this strange couple walked in. I was minding my own business using my phone searching on the Internet. The guy then came over to me and straight away made me uncomfortable coming too close and asking me in another language for directions. As he was doing this he was moving a piece of paper in front of my face. Automatically alarm bells range for me - first of all he was coming too close so I was backing away, second the paper that he was holding was all wrinkled and was a tube map of the Piccadilly line (um, St Paul's is on the central line - at least get yourself a proper map) and third he kept asking the same thing until I looked down and I held my hand out over my phone, pushed his hand back and said 'No I don't know, No' to him.
They made me so angry! How easily I could have been fooled. I am actually quite thank full that I have a good sense of what is going on around me (thanks to my dad who always says to think ahead and be aware).
After checking everything was still in my possession (ring included) I headed to work furious the day started off so abruptly! So if your in the St Paul's area - be warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...