one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

December 21, 2011

Day of disappointments

It was a day of disappointments but a ray of sunshine did come through at the end.
Now to add onto all of this I am a bit sick the moment and I am extremely busy with work (Christmas, late trade and sales - eww!) my body is exhausted and wanting Christmas to be here. But you see if Christmas arrives too soon then I won't be ready in time! Life is such a catch 22!
So back to my day...I had a few appointments to get through today, one being my dress for the engagement. I recently found a vintage shop that reproduces vintage gowns and I picked out an amazing white one hoping for it to be remade. So I trekked into the store, after speaking on the phone prior with the sales assistant saying that this would be possible to do. When I arrived the seamstress started saying in a very round-about away that she can't remember the dress and that she wouldn't be able to do it. I became very disappointed. I only have 4 weeks until the party and now I had to start from scratch! I think the most annoying part was that at first I was told that this could happen and that was the reason why I went in.
So I decided to leave and dragged my feet behind me in search for a new dress! Walking around Brick Lane in the rain I went into a few of the vintage stores, but nothing was nice....until I came across House of Vintage.
Shopping for me has to be a whole package. A beautiful store, lovely garments and amazing staff. I love when someone who works there offers thier help and opinions and gives you ideas. I was very impressed by this store, there were so many dresses that I LOVED! But finally I got it down to two.
Two gorgeous dresses in vivid colours, but that two had to become one.
And this one, I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...