one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

December 13, 2011

Did you know?

Christmas songs are playing in stores and on TV and my most favourite song of all time fills my ears and makes me very happy. The song I hear you ask is 'Last Christmas' from WHAM. This song ultimately makes me say out loud and share my love for George Michael to anyone nearby. Often this admittance is responded with a curious look at the fact of my love for George. This made me realise how many little secrets like that do I have?

I thought I might share a few with you that maybe some might know and some might not. I think that each of these have shaped my upbringing or paved my life.



1.
My love for George Michael. I have loved him for some time. I love all his songs, his moves and his life story. I find that I can sing along and feel uplifted when his songs play. I like his first life in WHAM and then his second life as George Michael, after he came out.


2.
I only started reading books non stop about 2-3 years ago and what made me start reading were the Twilight books. I started reading the books at work with a few workmates and just kept going. We became quite obsessed and started a book club. Now I enjoy reading before bed. I read classics to autobiography to love stories. I actually really like submerging myself and imagining what's going on.


3.
I used to be in the Brownies and Girl Guides. I joined when I was about 9 or 10years old. I joined because I missed out of joining netball. I really enjoyed going, as we would do arts and crafts, work for badges, play games and go on camps (ok I didn't love these). Brownies and Girl Guides allowed me to meet lots of great people and helped me to become more confident.

4.
After school I was accepted into University to do Social Work. I deferred for a year and really concentrated on my love of the fashion industry. I knew that I wanted to be in the fashion industry but was also interested in helping people.

5.

I use to play 'schools' with my dog Houdini in the backyard. I use to put a jumper and a backpack filled with books on his back. I can't believe he allowed me to do this. He would actually walk around with me also. I would constantly make up games, talk to imaginary people and I really quite enjoyed this. I think having this type of creativity and imagination was great to help me be creative now in life.

Well there are a few little secrets for you. Do you see these secrets from my past in my traits as an adult?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...