one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

October 26, 2011

Pret-a-diner

Last night marked one of the most amazing food experiences I have had in London. Over a month ago I read an article about a 15 day pop up restaurant being held in the Old Vic Tunnels. This pop up restaurant not only intrigued me for its location but also the fact that a mixture of Michelin star chefs would be participating.

The moment I walked in I was in awe! The eerie smoke filled tunnels crawling with voodoo inspired artworks led through to an chic bar filled with mixed writing on walls and covered in antique floor rugs. We were then greeted by the restaurant host who welcome us and started gearing us up for the experience we were about to discover.

The entire restaurant transported me to another era. I felt almost medieval to the point where I felt I should have cherubs feeding me grapes and pouring me red wine (a little bit like Disney's Fantasia)

Now the food - oh the food. Tasty pieces of sushi, succulent steak and a dessert of chocolate biscuit pieces mixed with mango that melted in my mouth - all created by chef Ollysan. The most amazing Japanese dishes I have tasted!


It is really hard to truly explain how the restaurant looked and also made me feel (however I hope you can sense my passion).
I only hope that you too can see the true beauty and creativity displayed in my photos below.





Old Vic Tunnels - this area is actually a graffiti aloud zone. Love that!







Yep - I took one of these home - sshh








Can you see what I mean?














One of the three courses






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...