one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

October 24, 2011

Barbados re-cap

So I am back...back from Barbados. We had an amzaing time.
The holiday couldn't have come quicker. After bad news from back home I really needed this break - which in ways made me quite reflective and gave me a chance to relax and rejuvenate.

Flying into Barbados after the 8 hour trip greeted by 30 degree weather, I instantly adjusted to the Bajan way of life. The jeep's roof was off, the swimming costume was on and the food search started. You see holidays are all about eating, well all the holidays I go on. You must be prepared for a few extra kilos on the body when returning - if you don't it either means, a) you didn't enjoy your holiday and eat, b) you did sneaky exercise on your trip or c) it was so hot all the fat melted away after you ate.

Most days in Barbados were spent laying by the pool (not getting sun burnt), reading my book (The Help - a must read!), driving around the island, sailing on a catamaran and having full body massages. Ahh bliss!

I have to say the Bajan people are very welcoming and super friendly, always making very funny conversation and proving their love for their island.

I do recommend visiting Barbados and experiencing the Caribbean way of life. Just be prepared to save lots of money as it can disappear very quickly.








Barbados sunset - very amazing!


Just a dot in that big ocean



Even on a rainy day it is beautiful








The sailing adventure with Charlie and Blondie








Always a rum punch in ones hand




And to make it an even more memorable adventure - we were upgraded to Business class on the way home! Flat beds and real cutlery all round!

Thanks Mark




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...