one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

October 11, 2011

Halloween

My thoughts have turned to Halloween, a very new and exciting holiday for me to celebrate.

Halloween is very rarely celebrated in Australia and the fact that most Brits get into the party spirit has made me become spooking-ly curious to how it all started.

Halloween is said to have originated from the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, when people would light bonfires and wear costumes to ward of roaming ghosts. Then in the 8th Century Pope Gregory III designated November 1st as a day to honor Saints and Martyrs, thus the evening before be All Hollows Eve - now known as Halloween.


Shopping tonight in Waitrose I was inspired by all the decorations and sweets on offer for any trick or treating or Halloween parties...and yes I brought some bunting and have now been furiously searching for any decorations I can find to fill my house ready for my Halloween gathering!

Next all I have to think about is my costume. Thoughts??



(source: dollyrockergirl.blogspot.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...