one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

April 28, 2011

The weekend that was

Wow - what a week!
We finally had our first get away and tied it in nicely with Easter.
Roadtrip Cornwall was a success. A success in such that we ate all the food we set out to eat. You see, Cornwall is the home of Cornish pasties, seafood, clotted cream, cream tea and Cornish ice cream, and yes indeed I ate all of the above. Slightly regretted it afterwards but at the time I devoured every moment of it.
Our Cornwall trip was filled with laughs, new sayings (including mocking TOWIE) and seagulls the size of small children.
Unfortunately when we arrived the rain began, ruining any dream of sun baking or swimming, although would you really want to swim in 10 degree water? After driving around various Cornish towns, enjoying market stalls, tracking down the best Cornish pastie (then feeling sick from it) and getting scorned by locals when driving down the wrong side of the road it was time to head home. Oh and low and behold the sun came for a visit. To enjoy the sun and Easter day we decided to head to Padstow for a seafood lunch feast from Rick Stein's fish shop.
It was nice to get away from London for a few days and put on hold our search for work and a home. London can consume you esspecially if you are new and are not settled. It was a very, very nice change.


Pirates of Penzance


Yum - Cornish Pasties


See, a small child!



Cream tea





Easter Lunch







The Cornwall crew (minus me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...