one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

April 14, 2011

Barefoot in the park

I found a bonus about not working today (ok not working at all) I get to watch old movies on TV. I have a secret love for old movies which I think I get from my mum. I love their innocence, I love how they tell an amazing story without all the big hoo-ha, I love the movie posters that are created to accompany them, I love how stunning the actors and actresses are and I love how a lot of them pushed the boundaries before their time (ah-la Breakfast at Tiffany's). I also think it is because I secretly wish I lived in another era.
Today I watched the movie 'Barefoot in the park' with Jane Fonda and Robert Redford. All the vivaciousness of Corie (Fonda) and building her new life with her new husband (Redford) and how life can throw amazing and crazy yet wonderful things at you. It's about accepting these and running with them. Ahhhh bliss.

There's a lesson to be learnt in all these movies.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...