one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

April 19, 2011

The AM birthday extravaganza

It was AM's (Anne Maree's) birthday yesterday and in amazing birthday style it went on for a few days.
I love birthdays, I know some people don't, but I just do!.

I love the feeling of getting together and gathering all of my friends and celebrating. How often do we get to do that? It is the perfect time to celebrate seeing each other, it is a great way to catch up and it is just a perfect excuse to party. My birthdays over the past few years have been some of the most memorable times, that I will be hard to top.

You see it was the amazing AM's (Anne Maree's) birthday on the weekend ad in true birthday style it went on for a few days.
Our adventure together started on Saturday at Ping Pong Soho.
Ping Pong is dumpling heaven! It is cocktail heaven! Plain and simple - it is just heaven! The amount of choice is extreme but the food is oh so delicious.

Our next birthday event happened the next day for breakfast at Wallace & Co. Hmmm...so background story. Greg Wallace owns Wallace & Co, Greg Wallace is a judge on UK Master Chef, Greg Wallace should look at his own restaurant and judge that before he judges anyone elses on the Master Chef competition. So ok, not to be rude or anything but the whole experience was a bit dismal. Upon entering it was all a bit sad, the waitress gave out bad vibes and then the food arrived and it was all a bit boring. I think, no I know I could make a much better breakie then this! Anyway, it was good to go and check it out and we had fun judging it ourselves.

To finish off the birthday extravaganza we took AM to a play. The play chosen was Flare Path with Sienna Miller in it. I have to say, the play was great (apart from the very teeny seats with no leg room). I think my two favourite characters were Doris and Johnny, they were just very cute and I think the actors played convincing roles. Sienna Miller was ok, she slightly overacted but good to see her none the less.

I have to say the weekend was packed but lots of fun! It's nice to discover London and what it has to offer and to also celebrate the fabulous AM's birthday.
Happy Birthday AM!


Ping Pong dumplings





The above, opens to reveal...


Sticky rice!


Um, copper wine buckets - genius!


Man playing Pitt Bull's 'Hotel Motel, Holiday Inn' song
Hey - this is how London roles...

Wallace & Co..hmmm







Royal Theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...