one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

March 26, 2011

Oxford v Cambridge

Today was the annual Oxford and Cambridge Boat Race. The tradition of the race traces back to 1829 and has been held annually since 1856. The first race started due to healthy rivalry between two mates from both universities and has continued ever since.
The boat race brings out thousands of people who sprawl out in surrounding parks, roam the streets along the embankment and drink around the wharfs.
So to get into the spirit we decided to walk to Putney and view the race. To give you a bit of background about the weather this week - yesterday was the first day I didn't wear a coat since I've been in London - today was definitely a day you needed to wear a coat! - so walking to Putney might not have been the best idea but the exercise was a must!
After we got into the swing of it and ignored that it was cold, it was quite enjoyable. We walked from the boat race starting point, Putney bridge all the way to Hammersmith bridge, which is like only a quarter of the race....we tried ok.
When we decided we had walked enough we made the journey back home and decided to watch the race on tv!
Go Oxford!
The starting point - Putney Bridge

Putney wharf



Hammersmith Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...