one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

March 16, 2011

just touched down in London-town

So here we are - in London-town!
Officially the adventure now begins. The start of a new English life - a life of travel, a life of of learning, a life of new and exciting things.

Our first day followed a bumpy, cold and very long plane ride where I managed to make a new friend - ok, so she was like 3 years old and didn't want to tell me her name, but a new friend nonetheless.

Once we touched down and settled in, we searched for food. The place that came to my mind was Del Aziz in Fullham, this place sells the most amazing pastries and Turkish inspired cuisine. Of course in true fashion we brought a lot of food and extra, super large coffees.
To work off all the food we ate we walked and walked for the next few hours. Our places of interest were Hyde Park and Buckingham Palace.
Hyde Park is a magical place, the grounds are eerie, yet inviting and the trees whimsical.After walking along to Buckingham Palace our tiredness had started to grow.

Our tube ride home wasn't the most successful having to switch lines quite a few times (I blame the plane ride) but finally we made it.

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed my first day. Thanks London!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...