one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

May 10, 2012

Interesting facts

Tomorrow we head off for our next trip...destination Barcelona. To get you in the mood and well me too I thought to check out some interesting facts about the city we will be visiting. 



Did you know?

  • In 2010 Barcelona was the 48th most populated city in the world ranked by population density.
  • 268,000 foreigners currently live in Barcelona.
  • Barcelona attracts over one million visitors every week.
  • Barcelona is famous for having no less than 130 hectares (260 football fields) dedicated to pedestrian zones
  • The city never had beaches until 1992 when beaches were created for the Olympics.
  • Barcelona and Spanish drivers in general are one of the worst, according to recent statistics an accident occurs on average every nineteen seconds weekdays Monday to Thursday but this rises to one every sixteen on Fridays. Weekends are better at an average of ten a second. It's safer to walk or take public transport.







(source:www.barcelonaescape.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...