one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

May 9, 2012

Everybody has a story

Week 3 - The Pilates Pro
Claire moved from sunny Sydney to London two years ago and instantly felt at home.

After working in the fashion and beauty industry for 10 years she made a career change to pursue her true passion of helping people lead healthier and more fulfilling lives, starting her own business as a pilates instructor.


How did you get to be living in London?
I had thought about moving to London for a long time. Five years before I came over for a holiday and fell in love. My mum was actually living here at the time and my English roots were calling me so I booked a ticket and made the move.
What helped you make this decision?
I think it was the right time for me to go. I needed a change from my current job and nothing I looked at was really appealing to me so I thought why not. I emailed a few companies in London before I moved and the encouraging response I received was great.
Who encouraged you? Who didn’t encourage you? What was the feeling from your family and friends?
I was really lucky, all of my friends and family were extremely supportive, although my dad said I would hate it (he is from England and hadn’t returned for 10 years)
Why London? Explain your love? If it wasn’t here where else would it be? Why isn’t it there?
London is such a wonderful city with so many opportunities. Originally it was going to be in Bergamo Italy but the work situation wasn’t so good.
Are you happy with your situation here in London? Work, love, friends, social?
I am definitely happy with my situation here in London. I feel if I was still in Australia I would never have had the confidence to make the career change. I have never felt so comfortable and happy in a city before. You can be who ever you want here.
I have some really wonderful friends here that make me smile every day. What else can I ask for?
What goes on in your flat during the week? Do you rent alone, random share? Was it always like this? Where were you before? Do you feel a connection with the area you live in? Why/why not?  Name your favourite places in your area you can recommend to others.
I live with my boyfriend Gus and the best flat mate in the world Sally. We have a two bedroom apartment in Islington.
We love the area and have been in here for two years. It’s close to great cafes and shops. Highbury Fields is a 5 min walk from us and I love spending lazy Sundays there.
What is your favourite memory so far living in London?
Ahh there have been so many! I had a pretty amazing time at Florence and the Machine last month but I think a good memory here is always a lazy Sunday picnicking on Primrose Hill in the summer with my beautiful friends.
Are you constantly wearing something in particular at the moment? Why? Do you always do that?
Since I made the career change I live in my black leggings from Top Shop and over size jumpers. A bit obsessed with my boyfriend’s white  t-shirts at the moment too.
What are you anticipating at the moment?
An exciting new client in New York!!!!!

The best colour in the world is….?
Sky blue – It makes me happy
Fantasy question – if you could live in another era, be another person, have a secret talent, what would they be?
If I could live in a different era I would have to say 1920’s. I just love love love the fashion and class.
Would you change anything in your life?
I wouldn’t change anything. Life is good. It’s not perfect and there always new challenges around the corner but that’s life you just have to take one step at a time and remembering not to take everything too seriously.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...