one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

November 22, 2011

Walking in a winter wonderland

At the end of November each year the city lights up and ice rinks are constructed all over. The magical world of winter wonderland and all things festive arrives!

So on a cold London night after a home cooked meal (thanks Mazen) we set out to see the wonders on offer.
First stop - Natural History Museum. The museum makes for such a beautiful backdrop against the ice rink and was the place for my next 20 minutes of laughter.
The cause of my laughter was a young boy who was racing, almost walking with legs flipping everywhere instead of skating. He must have crashed into the wall more times then being on the ice and caused many dangerous situations the entire time. But no matter how many close encounters he kept going and continued to entertain me.
After wiping away my tears of laughter we decided to head into Hyde Park.

Second stop - Hyde Park. Now this place is the Winter Wonderland of all winter wonderlands. Food stores, mulled wine, Christmas markets and rides fill the entire park. Flashing, sparkling lights hold your gaze and suck you in to feel the Christmas vibe. We didn't get to sample all the rides, food or mulled wine but we have vowed to go back closer to Christmas and enjoy.

Next stop on the Christmas circuit - Sommerset house which is soon to open!




Natural History Museum




The Ice Rink











Winter Wonderland Hyde Park




The carousel - love them, they are so pretty and yes I will ride on one this Christmas!













Strong competition for The London Eye?




The ice rink - with an amazing band in the centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...