one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

November 23, 2011

So cultured

Last night Emily, Angela and I hit Elephant & Castle to view our friend Giuseppe's final work at London College of Communication. We had a taste of cultural delights that intrigued, enticed and maybe confused - all but Giuseppe's work.

When Giuseppe first told me about his work I was happy to hear a fellow blogger was in the midst. His blog Collective Identities (here) "explores to define the term emerging artist". This is done through interviews with the artists discovering who they are, their personal lives and their thoughts. The blog showcases the artists work and allows you to discover their identity.

"The project evolved from an attempt to contextualise my own identity as that of an emerging artist, to explore how an emerging artist's identity can be defined..." Giuseppe Scalese







Giuseppe's work was displayed at the gallery like it was his room - and yes that is his actual desk






Giuseppe himself



Emily hearing the recordings



We hang out too much - same hair!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...