one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

November 30, 2011

Christmas is a time of joy

The Christmas excitement has started, presents are being purchased, Christmas tunes are in my head and I can't help but sing along.
I love Christmas and everything about it and I am really looking forward to celebrating it London.
This will be my first Christmas away from home and although it will be sad it will also be very exciting. I will most definitely miss my nephews running around in the heat, swimming in the pool and eating salad alongside with cold meat - yes this is what we have in Australia because it is very HOT! I will miss going to church with my family and feeling so stuffed with everyone and having a nap on the couch.
So alright, I guess I will be able to do half those things here in London, especially since we are having an orphan Christmas.
An orphan Christmas is where people who are not able to go home with their family gather together and celebrate.
Two of my friends from my work are not able to get home and I am very excited that they will be joining us. It is going to be a mix of nations and each person will make a few specialities to share on the day.
London also has a lot to offer this time of year with lots of Christmas markets, ice rinks, tree lighting's and a whole channel dedicated on sky for Christmas movies!
This Friday in fact is the lighting of the massive Christmas tree in front of St Pauls. The lighting ceremony takes place between 4pm and 4:30pm (yes it is dark at that time!).
I think I know when my break will be at work!
Also this Friday are the Christmas market in Dalston and the next few weeks there a millions of Santa grotto's, fairs and jolly good excitement for everyone totally obsessed with Christmas!
Time out always has the bets ideas. http://www.timeout.com/london/christmas/
Oh Christmas, I am so looking forward to you and please Santa the one thing I wish for this Christmas is snow!
Here are some pictures I have been taking around the city of the wonderful Christmas lights.

Christmas disco balls at One New Change (where I work)


Cannon street


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...