one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

November 6, 2011

Another year...

As another birthday approaches and the fact that I am growing another year old, I decided to take a trip down memory lane and look back at my past birthday celebrations.
I could not stop laughing as I scrolled through the photos and was happy with all the memories that conjured up and made me feel like I was there again. I loved seeing how all of my friends and family have changed so much - we have grown bigger, older and possibly wiser...?

There is something about turning 27. I somehow don't feel young anymore, like I can get away with things. I feel as if I should be serious and settled. Do you think this is a beginning of a quarter life crisis? Well a quarter and a bit life crisis? I feel my face is changing and my body also. I guess most of these things are inevitable and I should be thank full that I am a woman and not a child anymore. But sometimes the innocence of a child and the way they think - how they don't have a care in the world, would be a great feeling to have.
I often think about how my mother had 2 children at the age of 27... I guess it's a different way of life now and could you actually imagine me with 2 children?

Celebrating a birthday in London has its positives and negatives. I am happy to be able to celebrate with my new friends but on the other hand I am sad to not celebrate it with my friends back home(I wish there was a way to transport everyone to the same place for just a moment in time). I will also miss not having the family birthday cake dinner and squeezing my nephews. But as the new year approaches, maybe I will get a chance to...


So, for you perusal below, here are my past 6 years of birthday celebrations. Don't judge the outfits or the hair styles....





My 21st in Bondi -Had the fabulous Clarisse come up from Melbourne and a private room for us all and Joey playing tennis barefoot the next morning... It was LOTS of fun!





22nd races birthday - hence the cocktail dress and fascinator





Dancing at Cargo bar for my 23rd. Is there a habit I have with my hand in front of my face?





The night of the Golden Handbag - can you all remember that Golden Handbag that gave hours of fun? This here is my 24th at The Lincon





The very grown up 25th dinner party in a private room fed by an amazing chef!





Ahhh garden bowls at the Gazebo bar for my 26th followed by vino at Hugos with Miss Francy



Next - the 27th, celebrating this Saturday night.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...