one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

November 10, 2011

A beauty of a birthday

The beauty of a birthday is all the love you receive! And boy, did I receive lots of love! From cakes to flowers to massive birthday wishes, all in all I had an amazing day.

So ok, it did start off quite emotional. This is my first birthday away from home and I did feel a little bit homesick.
I think it had to do with a phone call to my sister where my little nephew Samuel started asking when I was coming home and was telling me that he missed me - my heart was breaking as he asked me and tears almost started falling while waiting for the tube. Then at work I received flowers from my girlfriends back home saying they were waiting for me with champagne. What made me sad is that I really wanted that champagne! Oh and to see the girls!

However after receiving wonderful gifts from my sister and Mario and devouring cake all day, I have to say I had a fantastic birthday and feel so special to have such amazing people in my life.







The surprise homemade cupcakes made by Mel. Sung Happy Birthday from the NW6 crew, guitar and all!







My amazing new jacket!







Lovely flowers from the girls!







Cake and candles from Darren









An extra surprise! Mia and Peppy love!







Nobu - Birthday dinner


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...