one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

January 17, 2012

Packing up and skipping town


So, this is what I do. And I always do it quite in advance. I like to be prepared, I like to make sure I have everything - yes I like to be in control.

We are leaving in 3 days and heading to Oz. My week of course is extremely busy, filled with appointments, my last days of work which then means a leaving do and also my strict gym/cycle/pilates routine. But I must ensure all is packed and that I am super prepared for the next 2 weeks.

So my packing goes a little something like this -
- I start by teaming up outfits in my head, ultimately matching a skirt with a few different shirts making sure everything kind of works in together. Although I would love to take everything I own, I can't. 
- I think about relaxing clothes (laying around the house) I think about beach clothes (these are different to regular clothes), I think about going out clothes and of course my gym gear.
- I then categories and pile everything in skirts, shorts, dresses etc.
- I then start laying out my handbags, jewellery and make up in certain parts of my room, as most of the things I will be taking I am still using up until I leave.
- Shoes - shoes are always last. I pack in, then take out, then pack in again. I always take oto many, unpack and then decide again.
- Cabin luggage - The process is, I grab my Longchamp bag and throw everything in! What is in here?? Book, laptop, eye mask, socks, lip cream, eye drops, hand cream, mirror, passports and documents, notebook, pen, iPhone, iPod, camera, mints and of course my purse. 

So there you have, my packing process - now I'm ready to skip town!
Hoo-roo 








See, lots of little piles everywhere





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...