one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

September 1, 2011

Man flu

My latest stint of sickness has made me realise how grumpy I now become when sick. Talking to a workmate yesterday and pouring out how bad I felt and almost sneering when saying it made me come to the realisation (told to by them) that maybe I have caught man flu!
Being diagnosed with man flu would be bad enough but being told by a man is worse!

When I got home from work I decided to search up the term Man Flu -

The common term as mentioned in wiki is -
The term that refers to the idea that many men , when they have a cold, exaggerate the claim that they have the cold - the implication that women do not do so. A commonly used term in the UK but growing in many cultures. (and the best bit) There is growing scientific basis for this phrase. Ha!

So there you go - I don't have man flu. I haven't been over exaggerating my sickness maybe just a tad grumpy because I hate being sick, I see no use for it!

After this I decided to search Woman flu and to my surprise there is a definition -
Woman flu is a dreadful disease which causes seriously ill women to pretend to be well and relentlessly go to work. The opposite of man flu.

There you have it and Wiki never lies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...