one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

August 17, 2011

Brings back memories

As a child I remember my mum purchasing an amazing book filled with portraits of glamorous Hollywood actresses. This book took up many of my hours, as I flicked through the pages wishing I could be one of these beautiful women. Their beauty astounded me - everything from their hair, to their make up, to their clothes and the dreamy finish of the actual photo.
I feel this book could have ultimately started my love affair with all things vintage.
So to revisit my childhood I took myself to the National Portrait Gallery to see their exhibition of Glamour of the Gods Hollywood Portraits.
I walked around in awe of all the photographs of actresses such as Rita Hayworth, Ava Gardner, Marilyn Monroe and my favourite Katherine Hepburn. I reminisced the times I spent looking at that pivotal book and noticed all the classic movies these actresses had been in that I had seen with my mum or heard her talk about.
The exhibition was beautiful and I highly recommend you to see it, es specially any one who, as a child dreamed of being like these women just like I did.




Exhibition is on until October 23rd






Katherine Hepburn - stunning!




Fierce





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...