one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

July 11, 2011

Ye ol Cotswolds

My parents were here for a recent visit and headed to the countryside scouting for castles, quiet B&B's and churches. One free weekend we decided to meet up with them in Stow on the Wold.
Stow on the Wold welcomed us with open arms as friendly locals pointed us in the direction of the must see sights and the place to visit - One place being The Slaughters.
Lower Slaughter and Upper Slaughter could be reached by foot (through a sheep paddock!) and offered quaint towns with beautiful homes. Upper Slaughter also offered us a fete! Now not just any fete, this was a fete raffling off wine and beer, sold jam and pimms and had duck racing!

On this weekend away we also realised just how similar my dad is to Chevy Chase in National Lampoons! Love ya Dad...







I want my wedding here! Upper Slaughter!




See - duck racing...




Go duck, Go!




A country fete




Gloucestershire dancers







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...