one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

July 12, 2011

While I was working my parents snuffed from the hoof of Napoleon's horse

Don't let the strange title confuse you or make you think differently of my parents, you see on Saturday while I was stuck working my parents were being shown a great time on their last day in London.
Being connected, as such to the army makes for a great heading, as stories were being thrown out at dinner that my parents snuffed from Napoleon's horse's hoof.
The story of the hoof goes way back to the Battle of Waterloo where Napoleon's horse Marengo was captured by the British army. Marengo then died aged 38 and his body was preserved and put on display at the National Army Museum minus his hoof , which was given to the officers of the brigade of guards as a snuff box. A tradition of 'snuffing' from the hoof happens at lunches put on by the guards in which my parents got to participate.

Being told about this over a lovely dinner at OXO made up for the fact that I didn't get to snuff any hoof!
















I felt really sorry for the person who had to clean the backlog of glass wear






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...