one trip, a few words and I'm ready to discover what's in store for my life... My name is Karina and I am making the BIG life changing move overseas to the UK. It’s time for me to make the move and discover what could be awaiting me.

"you decide every moment of every day, who you are and what you believe in. You get a second chance every second"

Follow me on Twitter @wordofthetrip

June 9, 2011

Invitation to a journey

On Friday night (after drinking at Gordan's Wine bar in Embankment) on the way home we passed a man who was offering poem recitals. And as always I was very interested in what this kooky man had to offer. After briefly talking to him I discovered his passion and love for poetry and that he has remembered (well mostly) well over 100 poems that he has on offer.
After picking out a poem that meant something to us, he recited it leaving me with tingles and a honest respect for this beautiful man.


Invitation to a journey

As you know I came
by discontent to the wall
a door materialized
and I went through it
into a larger space
where led another door
so without intention
I left my country
and arrived elsewhere.
In the human slumbling
who easily discerns
call of providence?
Ye, exhilaration
of unimagined wings,
sense of youth recovered,
cannot entirely deceive.
True is no movement
of advance without loss,
wound of sacrifice.
The shed skin by the road
precious with memory
holds me anguishedly.
Laden with the ache
of its abandonment
I turn, and hurry
on towards myself.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...